Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Raspberry Delights

My favourite part of baking is in the tasting.  Especially muffins…I have to cut one open while its still hot and smother both sides with delicious butter.  Oh they are so good!

 

Today's craft was two batches of muffins – well…minus two.  One made gluten free with raspberries and the other made with standard flour and choc chips (at my daughters request).  So that is my mother taken care of with her gluten intolerance and my daughter and her friends have something to munch on.    And me…well, when it comes to sweets I’ll pretty much eat whatever is put in front of me.

This would have to be one of the quickest and easiest muffin recepies i've ever made.  So I tbought I would share it with you all to have a go for yourself:


2 Cups of Self-raising flour
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup fresh or frozen berries
1 egg lightly beaten
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil

1. Grease a six hold muffin pan
2. Sift dry ingredients into large bowl, stir in remaining ingredients
3. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.  Bake in moderately hot oven for 20 minutes.

(the only alteration I made to the receipe was adding a little extra milk to the mix)

Bon Appetite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment